Wednesday 29 April 2009


This afternoon I have made 8 more Morsbags. Morsbags is why I started to sew again after a 20 year gap. We did 'needlework' at school but it wasn't really my thing - we made an apron and a dress, however learning to sew Morsbags gave me the confidence to try other things....
So what is a Morsbag? It is a simple tote shopping bag made from fabric that otherwise would have been thrown away and ended up in landfill. I have made Morsbags from old duvets, old curtains even old shirts, the bags are then given away free to friends, family or unsuspecting members of the public to discourage them not to use plastic bags.
My mantra is 'Carry a bag - not carrier bag!'. Please check out morsbags.com for more details of how to become part of the wonderful morsbag community.

1 comment:

  1. I had not heard about morsbags before. Thanks for the information

    ReplyDelete