Today I decided I wanted to find a project that would use up my ever increasing collection of fat quarters... because let's face it I will never get round to making a quilt with them, after searching the internet to no avail I decided to make a little pouch to keep a handbag sized pack of tissues in.... I would rather look at a fabric pouch in my handbag than a packet of tissues.
I made twenty all together, excellent for Christmas stocking fillers (I know it's not even August ), small gifts, or just to keep yourself and they couldn't be easier to make.
You can get three pouches from 1 fat quarter!
How to :
- Cut 2 pieces of fabric 6.5" x 7".
- With right sides together sew 1/4" from the edge all around the outside, leaving a 2" opening on a long side for turning.
- Clip corners, turn and press flat. Remember to press the opening to the inside.
- Bring the short edges to the middle, overlap by 1/4" in the middle. If you have used two different fabrics make sure the fabric you want for the outside of your pouch is on the inside.
- Sew 1/4" from the edge along each short side (the sides with the folded fabric meeting in the middle), I went across these edges twice for extra strength.
- Turn right side out and fill with handbag sized tissue pack. You may need to cut an opening along the top of the pack of tissues to make it easier to get them out, if like the pack I chose it had the opening at one end only.
Tomorrow I'm going to attempt to make some bunting, wish me luck.
The size could be adapted to keep facial wipes or baby wipes in quite easily, they are so quick and easy to make.... go on , give it a go!